Friday, February 1, 2013

The Twisty Ties That Bind


You know it was funny. The entire time I worked to dig the motorcycle out of the snow that giant dog was digging all around where I was working but could I get him to help dig the motorcycle out of the snow? Not a chance. As long as there were 'possum, rabbits and deer in those hills that dog could care less if that motorcycle ever got dug out of the snow. So I dug and I dug and I dug some more until finally I had uncovered the motorcycle and cleared a path through the remainder of the snow bank. "It's about time," the motorcycle said.

"I don't recall you doing any digging," I snapped. I wasn't in the best of moods.

"It wasn't my idea to attempt to crash through a snow bank," the motorcycle grumbled.

"Great," I complained, "now even my motorcycle complains about the way I do things."

"I'll be complaining a lot less when I'm parked next to the wood stove in the shop in Burlington," the motorcycle said. "Are you coming or shall I go ahead without you?"

"One old cold rider coming up," I answered. "Get me off this mountain and try to keep the wind chill above -40 if you can."

"If you start me up I'll never stop," The motorcycle laughed.

We headed east dodging the patches of ice and snow on the twisty mountain roads.

_______

Raezin, Katei, Carole and Alex were coming over early the next morning to help plan the Mutanthouse 'C' note assault on the Aliens so Bobbie went straight home to get some rest. When she went inside she set down in a chair and before she knew it she had fallen asleep only to be awaken early the next morning by Andy, the Alarm Rooster as the girls turned into Bobbie's driveway.

"Did you sleep in your clothes?" Carole asked as she walked in the door.

"I never even made it to the bed," Bobbie replied, "I slept in the chair."

"Have you even had coffee?" Raezin asked.

"No," Bobbie answered. "I just now got up.

"Well you let me make coffee while you go get ready," Raezin said as she walked into the kitchen. "Hey wait, this is strange?"

"What is it?" Bobbie asked.

"There's a trail of twist ties leading from your kitchen to your bedroom." Raezin answered.

"Twist ties?" Bobbie asked.

"Yeah," Raezin replied, "like bread ties."

"That is strange," Carole said. "I came home the other morning and found the same thing in my house."

"What do you think it means?" Raezin asked.

"I don't know," Alex answered, "but I promise you the Aliens have something to do with it."

________

Donny looked through the heat duct at the room in front of him. There were cages there with people inside of them but no windows that he could see. If he forced the heat duct open from the inside he might not be able to secure it again. Doing that would tip the Aliens off to where he was hiding should they walk in and see the damage. He decided to search some more and hopefully come back for the people after he knew the way out. No point in leading them to their deaths if I don't have to, he thought.

He made his way a little farther along before coming to another room. In this room he found even more people but this time it was different. This time the people were standing perfectly still. And one of the people he saw there was himself.

Continue to 30 Days In The Hole