Friday, March 1, 2013

Traders and Traitors

Bobbie and John arrived at the salvage auction early so that Bobbie would have plenty of time to register as our new buyer and look over the motorcycles and scooters that would be auctioned that day. I had also told her to take a look at the pick-ups as we were going to be needing to add a couple to the fleet in the near future and to call me if there were any there she might be interested in. In the salvage business, even the trucks we use to haul salvage usually come from the salvage auctions.

As Bobbie and John walked through row after row of wrecked, repossessed, flooded and otherwise damaged vehicles Bobbie noticed a group of men who seemed to be paying more attention to her and John than the thousands of salvage vehicles, "Do you see those guys?" Bobbie asked.

"Been watching them since they got here," John said. "The never went in the office, just drove up, got out of their car and started following us."

"I thought everyone was supposed to go inside and register," Bobbie said.

"That's what the sign out front says," John agreed. "How about you and I start walking back towards the office until there's more people out here?"

"Sounds like a plan," Bobbie agreed.

As the two of them walked across the large expanse of the salvage auction they found it harder and harder to keep up with the whereabouts of all the men in the group. Before they could make their way back to the office they suddenly found themselves surrounded. "Changed your mind about buying junk?" one of the men asked.

"No," Bobbie smiled," I just thought I'd like to go to the lady's room before the auction starts."

"Well why don't you let us take you to our lady's room," another of the men said as he gripped Bobbie's wrist. "I'm sure it's a lot nicer than what's in there."

"I don't think so," Bobbie said,"We might not get back in time for the auction."

"Oh don't you worry about the auction," the man said as he pulled Bobbie away, "you're going with us."

"I don't think so!" John shouted as he slammed a mighty right hand into the man's face knocking him and one of the others to the ground! "The lady is coming with me!"

Bobbie and John fought with the entire group of men but the odds were overwhelming! Suddenly, one of them pulled a gun, pointed it directly at John's face and pulled the trigger! John heard the explosion but kept fighting, yelling, "Let her go! Let her go!"

"We will let her go," a voice said. "And we will let you go as soon as you stop fighting." John looked around and saw that he and Bobbie were surrounded by Tall Whites. "We mean you no harm, you are safe now."

"Where are we?" John said as 4 Tall Whites struggled to restrain him.

"You are in another dimension," the Tall White answered.

"Why did you bring us here?" Bobbie asked.

"To save your lives," The Tall White explained. "Those men were sent to kill you both."

"Why do they want to kill us?" John asked.

"Because," the Tall White explained, "the Grey Aliens have seen glimpses of the future and in the future your pretty little friend becomes a great leader and destroys them someday."

"Me?" Bobbie asked, "You're kidding, right? Tell me this is all some kind of sick joke, some kind of initiation Billy and the guys cooked up for John and I 'cause we're the new kids in the shop."

"We know nothing of jokes and initiations," the Tall White answered. "Human rituals have always alluded us."

"Well right now this is all alluding me," John complained. "Now how about you taking us back to where we're supposed to be?"

_________

Bobbie wasn't the only one who had been spending some time seeing doctors. While Steve, Wooley and Donny all knew, I'd yet to tell Bobbie and John of my recent visits to the Cone Health Heart and Vascular Center where I was being examined because of shortness of breath and pain in my chest, left arm and left shoulder. The results weren't all in but early test results were pointing to a bad valve in my heart or possibly worse. Like Art Linkletter used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies."

It had me thinking too. Someday, when Donny, Steve and Wooley leave this Earth their kids will either want to take over the business or sell it off. But where are they now and where does that leave Bobbie and hopefully John if he works out? What about them? It wasn't an issue when Jason was alive because he wasn't involved in the business either but having Bobbie around has stirred up some kind of paternal thing in me. Yeah, I thought she was hot when I first met her but after the newness wore off I began thinking she might better fill the void that was left when Jason died. You see, the one thing I wanted most of all and never really had was a real family to care for, a family that looked up the me for guidance, understanding and all the other things real fathers do. And while I knew Bobbie had parents of her own an extra daddy to watch out for her couldn't hurt, could it?

I decided to ride over to the offices of Burnup and Singed Attorneys At Law and see about adding Bobbie and perhaps John to my will. I might be too old to raise a family but that shouldn't stop me from borrowing one.

__________

"So you were attacked by Aliens at the salvage auction?" Fred asked.

"No," John answered, "we were attacked by humans who were working for the Aliens."

"Bloody traitors," Sir Geidt shouted. "They should be drawn and quartered."

"And then you were rescued by Aliens?" Fred asked.

"No," Bobbie answered, "we were rescued by Tall Whites, they're not Aliens, they're interdimensional beings."

"Interdimensional beings from right here on Earth," Fred said, "I know, I know. Well they're alien to me."

"But they're on our side," Bobbie said.

"Well, they seem to be," Sir Geidt agreed but for all we know they could be behind this whole thing."

"They told us the attempts on Bobbie's life are because she'll someday be a great leader who will destroy the Greys," John said.

"And I'm the King of bloody England," Sir Geidt complained.

Continue to Breaking The Chains