Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reservations


News hit the local blog aggregator, Greensboro101.com, that twist ties are in-fact recyclable and over the course of the next few months, despite the fact that the local media ignored the bread tie kidnappings, the numbers of incidents were drastically reduced and Greensboro's recycling rates went up.

Protests were going on to stop the Aliens from building unneeded roads across the last remaining farms in the county. Hundreds of residents showed up in opposition unaware that they were fighting Aliens and not just common criminals in suits and ties. No one wanted the roads, no one needed them and yet the Aliens were intent on building them anyway.  In doing research on what might be their motivation I found a strange outline on a Google Map that I speculated might be a planned landing field with the new road giving them easy access to downtown but that made me question if they really planned to leave or not.



Click through to view larger map and see outline

There it is, proof on Google maps that something is going on in Greensboro and the media still refuses to report it. Then again, maybe only the Tall White Aliens are leaving and the Greys are here to stay to imprison and enslave us forever. That would explain the corundum but how could we know?

Bobbie, Carol, Alex and Katei set about putting together a very ambitious plan to start kidnapping Aliens beginning with one Grey who was obviously one of the Alien elite and whose movements were well known. The thinking was twofold in that we might extract information about their weaknesses while also delaying their launch and the destruction of our entire city. 

We'd noticed that some of the Aliens are never seen unless there is lots of light shining on them. The lights are on in their homes and offices 24/7, they drive with the interior lights on in their cars. They Greys seemed to be most likely to do this but many of the Tall White Aliens did the same. We couldn't help but wonder if they were scared of the dark or had to have constant light to remain living. We were hoping it was the latter and were considering cutting power to their building.

________

Search crews were out night and day combing the drains in search of Wooley and Steve. We could only hope they had adequate supplies for an extended period of time. Steve and Wooley were both well trained in wilderness survival but surviving for long periods in a maze of storm drains under a city is not a skill taught in any survival training school. Why? Because no one knows how to do it. Fact is, in a survival situation it is always recommended you do not go into any storm drains for any number of reasons including the fact that they fill up with water when it rains.

"Check this out," Steve said.

"Is your compass working again?" Wooley asked.

"No," Steve answered, "but when I point it this way it spins faster and when I point it this other way it spins slower."

"So which way do we go," Wooley asked, "faster or slower?"

"Slower," Steve said.

"That's what I was hoping you'd say," Wooley replied. "Got any more of those trail mix bars?"

"One trail mix bar coming up," Steve answered.

"You're the man," Wooley said.


"I hope you still think so when we run out of food," Steve said.

_______

Me, I was in the throws of my deepest depression ever. The fact that all these people were involved and giving their all, putting their very lives on the line was my doing. None of them would have even been made aware of any of this had I not brought it to their attention. Bobbie, Carol, and Katei would have been going out on Friday and Saturday nights just like other attractive young women. Donny, Steve and Wooley would be fixing up and selling old motorcycles and the occasional hot-rod car. Even Alex and her friends at Mutanthouse, despite their abuse at the hands of the Aliens, would be going about their normal lives none of them aware of an eventual rocket launch that would destroy us all in the blink of an eye. Life would be normal right up until the end had I not gotten everyone involved.

And what if our destruction was meant to be? Greensboro was well known as the most corrupt city in the state of North Carolina, the city where police stand idly by while the KKK guns down peaceful protesters in a city owned housing project, the city that makes being a slum lord legal, the city that denies we have street gangs when I, myself live across the street from 200 members of the notorious Bloods Gang, the city whose current mayor is being investigated on Federal Securities and Exchange violations, the city that's currently paying a former police chief Millions in an out of court settlement for falsely accusing him of racial discrimination and claiming he quit his job when the actual tapes reveled he was fired and locked out of his office... the list is endless. I'm not a religious man but what if that rocket launch is God's way of telling Greensboro to just start over and all I'm doing is delaying the inevitable?

Or what if all I'm doing is stopping people from making the best of the time they have left?

"You seem to be carrying a heavy load?" The Veggicycle asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "I got a lot on my mind."

"I carried a heavy load once," the motorcycle agreed. "It was hard, I almost didn't make it." Then he began to recite another poem of the many poems he told us over the years.

"I was loaded heavy, hard to pull
as we started up the grade
a fast car bearing down on us
only inches to persuade,
when up ahead in front of us..."


"Wow," I asked, "you really managed to ride the guard rail around the stalled truck?"

"It was the only choice I had," the motorcycle said.

"How did you know you'd make it?" I asked.

"I didn't know we'd make it," the Veggicycle answered, "but I knew if we got pinned between that car and that truck Veggie and I would both be dead so I did the best I knew how."

"That must have really been some technical riding," I said.

"Pure luck," the Veggiecycle laughed. "I hope I never have to try that move again. But sometimes luck is the most you can hope for and sometimes you get lucky if you try."

"But you never get lucky by giving up," I said.

"Exactly," the Wackemall 750 agreed.

Could it be we have our own Area 51 right here in Greensboro, North Carolina? Very soon we'd be finding out and we'd not be calling to make reservations. But on this particular night even the police were unprepared to deal with what the Aliens were capable of doing.



Continue to Storms.