Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Interdimensional Hypothesis


It took the better part of a day for Wooley and Steve to walk back up stream from where the barge had finally ran against the side of the underground canal to the point where they had found the pipe with the light shining through. During that time they had seen numerous barges all apparently fully automated and unaware of anything outside of the water filled portion of the canal. "It seems strange we haven't seen anyone on these roads," Wooley said.

"They probably only use them to maintain and repair the canal," Steve replied. "Probably not much need to use them."

"So how do you think they travel?" Wooley asked.

"I don't know. Maybe you should ask those guys," Steve said as he looked at 3 armed Tall White Aliens standing between them and the pipe they had planned to escape through.

"This can't be good," Wooley said. "Not good at all."

"Only if you think they're Elvis, Joplin and that dude from the Doors," Steve said.

"You mean, Jim Morrison," Wooley replied, "This don't look like no Rock 'n Roll heaven to me."

"Me neither," Steve agreed.

______

We were astonished to learn the Greensboro City Council was considering the removal of the Downtown Greensboro Interdimensionals from the ranks of City government. DGI had long been leaching off the public dole but had become so entrenched that everyone assumed they would simply never go away. Now suddenly, and without warning, the City Council voted 9-0 to have the City Manager look into ways to roll back DGI's influence or eliminate them from the City budget altogether. There was little doubt the Aliens would now be furious.
_______

Bobbie walked into the office where I was standing staring out the window thinking about everything that has been going on and gave me an unexpected hug. "What's that for?" I asked.

"For caring about all of us," Bobbie answered.

"What makes you think I care about anyone other than myself," I grumbled.

"Because you worry over all of us like an old mother hen," Bobbie said, "always ready to peck anyone who gets near us even if they don't intend to hurt us."

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"Because everyone who knows you can see it," Bobbie answered, "It's just the way you are."

"Well could you do me a favor?" I asked.

"What do you want?" Bobbie asked.

"Could you compare me to an over protective grandfather instead of a hen?" I asked. "It's hard enough growing old but being compared to hens is a little much for my delicate male ego."

"My momma once told me the ego was the weakest part of a man," Bobbie smiled.

"Your momma must be a smart woman," I replied.

"She is," Grandpa, "she really is. I want you to watch this video that Katei sent over. I think we might have to rethink what is going on."

"Well let's watch it."



"Really, interdimensional beings," I asked, "So you think they might have been here all along."

"And it could be that at least some of them are not as advanced as we are," Bobbie said.

"That would sure explain a lot," I said.

_______

"You will come with us," one of the Aliens said.

"Sure thing," Wooley replied.

"You lead the way," Steve said, "we'll be glad to follow along."

"No," the Alien said, "you lead the way."

"You're the one with the ray gun," Wooley replied.

"Where to?" Steve asked.

"Up the pipe," The Alien answered.

"I'm guessing our radar was off when we picked this pipe," Wooley said.

"Yeah, me too," Steve replied, "We'll need to recalibrate it before we use it again."

"Stop talking and start walking," the Alien grumbled.

Continue to Nillions Served.