Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Blood

Wooley looked up at the monitor with surprise, "Motorcycle coming this way, fast!"

"Too fast," Steve said as he looked up from tuning an old BSA. "That can't be good."

Steve, Donny and Wooley reached into their tool boxes and grabbed their weapons as the motorcycle roared up the driveway and turned into the shop stopping just inside the door. "Are you boys planning on shooting me?" a feminine voice asked as the rider, an attractive young brunette, removed her helmet and shook out her hair, "It would be a shame to die so young."

"It would be a shame to die so beautiful," Steve said.

"Why thank you," the young woman smiled.

"How can we help you?" Donny asked.

"I hear you're looking for some help?" she replied.

"And you would be?" Wooley asked.

"Bobbie Sonner," the young woman replied.

"And what makes you think we're looking for help?" Wooley asked.

"I read in the paper that Billy is on the run and since I know you guys are helping Katei I thought I'd offer my services," Bobbie replied.

"What kind of services?" Steve asked.

"I can ride, wrench, weld and shoot with the best of them," she answered. "I built this bike from scraps, did all the work myself. Even the art work on the tank and fenders."

"Good work," Wooley said.

"You bent those pipes yourself?" Donny asked.

"I did," Bobbie replied. "Tuned them too. Added 5% more power on top end, 2% more off the bottom."

"Not bad," Wooley said, "I need some new pipes for my Sporty."

"You know anything about kitchens?" Steve asked.

"You want me to cook and clean house?" Bobbie asked. It was obvious that wasn't what she wanted to do. "Was that what Billy did?"

"No," Steve replied, "the kitchen drain is stopped up. I was just about to go un-stop it before you got here. Think you can fix it?"

"Point me the way," Bobbie grinned, "If I can't fix it then you don't need it."

Continue to Sky High.