Monday, January 21, 2013

Grey Daze

We were trying to get a bike ready for a customer when Katei came riding into the shop on her skateboard. "I need your help," she shouted. "We just found out one of the aliens is a grey."

"Oh my," Steve said, "those are the worst kind."

"Greys?" Donny asked, "What is she talking about? Are all my brother's friends crazy too?"

"Here, watch this," Katei said, handing Donny an old VHS tape.


"I remember the Greys," the Veggicycle said. It was then he began to recite a poem he titled, Roswell,

"'Twas down in Roswell in '47
along the Vickery Creek,
we spotted men we'd never seen
all grey, their voices squeaked.
They crashed almost on top of us...

"Wait a minute," Wooley said, "Vickery Creek is in Roswell, Georgia. I grew up down there. The 1947 Roswell Incident was in Roswell, New Mexico."

"There was another flying saucer that crashed into Vickery Creek that same year," Veggie said. "I helped some of the Grey Aliens out of the water before I figured out what they were here for. Unfortunatly, before I could get anyone to come to look at the crash site a flood had washed the remains of the space ship away down the Chattahoochee River and on to the Gulf of Mexico."

What happened to the Greys?" Wooley asked.

"Last I saw them,"Veggie answered, "they were running in the direction of Statesville, North Carolina but that was a long time ago. They could be anywhere by now."

"So what are we going to do?" Katei asked.

"Well, for starters, I'm going to call Fred and see if his buddies at the Agency know anything we don't know."

"Should we tell the Stench?" Katei asked.

"Something tells me he already knows as much or more than we know," I answered. "Besides, there's no telling what he might do,

"So what should I do?" Katei asked.

"Ride the Veggiecycle back to Greensboro and file to run for Greensboro City Council," I answered.

"Why the Veggiecycle?" Katie asked. While she didn't say it I knew she was concerned about the crush the Veggiecycle had on her and how spending more time with it might encourage the attachment.

"Cause you're going to need a good busker to raise money for your campaign."

Continue to Catch 22.